Jina is traveling and visiting a Jain temple in Atlanta. She there saw these plates for lunch (the same ones as in the Milpitas temple). The first thing is of course the environmental impact of using disposable styrofoam trays instead of washable plates, but what is also remarkable is that these trays have a specific section labeled “MILK”. Click on the image to see a larger version. I guess these are trays of school lunches. Just make sure you don’t forget to get your milk. Of course we can hope that someone meant Soy Milk or Almond Milk, but that might be wishful thinking.
Posted by Christian
- A whole food plant based diet to address heart disease risk in South Asians (Indians)
- Vegan Chai at JCNC’s anniversary celebration and food: Great reviews!
- Petition to end the Use of Dairy in Jain temples: A Pre-paryushan plea by Nirva
- Dairy Doubts by Dr. Michael Klaper
- Happy Earth Day and Special Call out to Southern California!