Jina is traveling and visiting a Jain temple in Atlanta. She there saw these plates for lunch (the same ones as in the Milpitas temple). The first thing is of course the environmental impact of using disposable styrofoam trays instead of washable plates, but what is also remarkable is that these trays have a specific section labeled “MILK”. Click on the image to see a larger version. I guess these are trays of school lunches. Just make sure you don’t forget to get your milk. Of course we can hope that someone meant Soy Milk or Almond Milk, but that might be wishful thinking.
Posted by Christian
- Padmasagar Maharaj encourages community to go vegan
- Choose least harm, and work to widen the choices: A Jain position on acceptability of COVID19 vaccines developed with animal byproducts and testing
- Ahimsa In Action Webinar Sat Dec 19
- Patra made with Collard Greens
- From “Earthlings” to Ahimsa, An American Journey to Jainism