This food is the gift of the whole universe: the earth, the sky, numerous living beings, and
much hard, loving work.
May we eat with mindfulness and gratitude so as to be worthy to receive it.
May we recognize and transform our unwholesome mental formations, especially our greed,
and learn to eat with moderation.
May we keep our compassion alive by eating in such a way that we reduce the suffering of
living beings, preserve our planet, and reverse the process of global warming.
We accept this food so that we may nurture our sisterhood and brotherhood, strengthen our
community, and nourish our ideal of serving all living beings.
- A whole food plant based diet to address heart disease risk in South Asians (Indians)
- Vegan Chai at JCNC’s anniversary celebration and food: Great reviews!
- Petition to end the Use of Dairy in Jain temples: A Pre-paryushan plea by Nirva
- Dairy Doubts by Dr. Michael Klaper
- Happy Earth Day and Special Call out to Southern California!