1 cup soy yogurt
1 tsp sesame oil
Pinch mustard seeds
3-4 Curry Leaves (fresh or dry, see directions below for difference in cooking method)
1 tsp Fresh Ground Ginger
1 tsp salt
1 ½ cups water
4 Tbsp water
2 tsp chick pea flour
1 tsp whole cumin
1/8 cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
Optional 1 tsp fresh ground green peppers (spicy hot!)
- In one pot, mix soy yogurt and 1 ½ cups water
- In a separate bowl mix chick pea flour in 4 Tbsp water. Remove lumps by pressing with a spoon, and if needed, strain through a strainer. Add to the pot with soy yogurt.
- In a very small pot, or a large spoon that can be heated on the spoon, warm the sesame oil, then add cumin, mustard seeds, and turmeric
- If curry leaves are fresh, also add them to the oil and spice mixture. If not add them directly to the pot with yogurt and chick pea flour mixture.
- Add the oil and spice mixture to the pot with yogurt and chick pea flour
- Add ginger, salt and optionally, green pepper
- Heat over stove
- Lastly add coriander (cilantro) as garnish
- Pour over Khichdi and enjoy.