Animal sanctuaries in the US, like panjrapols in India, protect, feed, and provide medical care to farm animals. They
- Rescue animals such as cows, pigs, sheep, goats, chicken, turkeys and rabbits that would have been killed for food
- Educate people and promote vegetarianism
- Support laws that reduce animal suffering
- During events such as Thanskgiving they heighten awareness of animal slaughter and hold events to instead support these animals
If you’d like to help, you can
- Go to animalplace.org, www.farmsanctuary.org, harvesthomesanctuary.org
or others. The photos below are from Animal Place
- Visit them in person
- Animal Place is in Grass Valley, northern CA.
- Harvest Home Sanctuary is near Stockton, CA
- Farm Sanctuary is in Watkins Glen, NY and Orland, CA.
- THere are many other worthy organizations throughout the US but our familiarity is more with the ones in CA
- You can send a check or donate online directly to the organization.